Welcome to the Fries Festivals and Events Website!
The Town of Fries would like to welcome you to our festivals and events. Our festivals are located on the scenic New River at Riverside Park in downtown Fries.
If you would like to learn more about the Town of Fries click here.
Every year four major festivals are held in downtown Fries; The Henry Whitter Festival in May, Catch the Fun Crooked Road Extravaganza in June, Festival by the River in October, The New River Trail Races in October and Christmas on the Mountain in December. We also host the bicycle part of the Senior Olympics in June and the Duathlon in August.
If you are interested in the Fries Fiddlers' Convention please visit their website. This is an event hosted by the Fries Fire Department.
Town of FRIES Grayson County
FRIES BAPTIST MEN to HOST lip smacking! tummy pleasing! BARBECUE at Fries Baptist Church Fellowship Hall APRIL 18, 2015 4:00pm--7:00pm Plates: $8.00 ADULTS $4.00 CHILDREN or $8.00 POUND
Fries Community Center Renovating Committee Hosting FISH FRY to Benefit FRIES COMMUNITY CENTER renovation PROJECT: May 23, 2015 4:00pm--7:00pm (Plates $7.00adult $4.00 children) at FRIES SCHOOL
Our festivals offer a terrific selection of food, craft and other vendors. If you would like to serve as a vendor for any of our festivals click here to download the vendor packet.
2015 Fries, VA Festival Dates
- May 9th - Henry Whitter Festival
- Thursday Jam -Every Thursday Night Fries Community Center 6:00-9:00
- June 13th - Fries Catch the Fun Crooked Road Extravaganza
- August 14th -15th - Fries Fiddlers' Convention - website
- August 1st - New River Trail Duathlon
- October 3 - Festival by the River
- October 17th - New River Trail Races
- December 5th - Christmas on the Mountain