Welcome to the Fries Festival Website!
The Town of Fries would like to welcome you to our festivals and events. Our festivals are located on the scenic New River at Riverside Park in downtown Fries.
If you would like to learn more about the Town of Fries click here.
Every year four major festivals are held in downtown Fries; The Henry Whitter Festival in May, Catch the Fun Fishing Festival in June, Festival by the River in September, The New River Trail 50K in October and Christmas on the Mountain in December. We also host the bicycle part of the Senior Olympics June 6th and the Duathlon August 2nd.
If you are interested in the Fries Fiddlers' Convention please visit their website. This is an event hosted by the Fries Fire Department.
Our festivals offer a terrific selection of food, craft and other vendors. If you would like to serve as a vendor for any of our festivals click here to download the vendor packet.
2014 Fries, VA Festival Dates
- May 17th - Henry Whitter Festival
- June 6th - Senior Olympics Bike event - Sponsored by Carol County Tourism
- June 7th - Fries Catch the Fun Fishing Festival
- August 15th -16th - Fries Fiddlers' Convention - website
- August 2nd - New River Trail Duathlon
- September 20th - Festival by the River
- October 11th - New River Trail 50K
- December 6th - Christmas on the Mountain